Monday, October 15, 2018

ORA-00119: invalid specification for system parameter LOCAL_LISTENER /ORA-00132: syntax error or unresolved network name 'LISTENER_'

ORA-00119: invalid specification for system parameter LOCAL_LISTENER  /ORA-00132: syntax error or unresolved network name 'LISTENER_':


Some time when you try to startup the database you will get the following errors.

ORA-00119: invalid specification for system parameter LOCAL_LISTENER
ORA-00132: syntax error or unresolved network name 'LISTENER_ORCL'

It is just because of Listener not running or missing listener which was shown in the error.

To solve this you need to add entry in listener.ora  file.

in my case I have did the following steps. It might help you to resolve the issue in you case.. please check the following steps which I was followed.

when I try to start the database I got this error.


















I was added entry in Listener.ora as well tnsnames.ora fiels.


This was before adding the exact name in tnsnames.ora file

After adding exact listener name in the file 


And then I was try to do tnsping to the listener which was added. If the tnsping was success then it was communicating.. 












Now you can see the database is up with the proper listener which was added.



1 comment:

Thanks for giving comments!!